- allows us to be women of influence with a profound impact
- offers forgiveness of our sins
- welcomes the companionship of the Holy Ghost.
- promises we will live with Him and His Son in the celestial kingdom.
- endows us with the power to discern between truth and error
- strengthens us in our inevitable trials.
- provides protection from the adversary’s influence.
- prepares us for eternal glory.
- provides the capacity to changethrough the Savior’s gift of grace.
- allows us to be cleansed as we learn through experience.
- means Christ is there to catch uswhen we fall.
- allows us to recover from the often-devastating impact of others’ choices.
- offers trust in a joyful reunion with loved ones heavenside.
- helps us to safely navigate through rough waters.
- promises ultimate security,lasting happiness, enduring happiness, and more happinessin this life than we can now imagine.
I meannnn, that about covers it. Why wouldn't everyone jump at the opportunity to see these promises fulfilled in their life? Why would anyone choose “momentary ease” or “hollow happiness” over the purest form of true happiness and fulfillment? Well, because we're human, and because the adversary is good at what he does. And sometimes even that beautiful list of promises above is hard to see when we are “blinded by the torrents of tears that come in [seasons of difficulty]”.
This was just the boost I needed today. Seeing everything in list format makes me feel like I can conquer whatever comes my way.
Thanks for your insights. Love the summary bullets – helped me with a high council talk!! Thanks for all you do in helping us stay close to the spirit.
Wow! Look what I found! Inklings notes!! (wink! wink!) Thanks for posting this here (and the one for tomorrow 5/19 too!)
I absolutely love and enjoy this and I am a man and a Priesthood holder if that matters. Thank you and know that we are so grateful for all that you do for us.