Babies Don't Keep
"Mother, oh mother, come shake out your cloth!
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking!
Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby, loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.)
Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep."
Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
- 16" x 24" flag
- Made from premium 100% cotton canvas.
- Sewn and screen printed by hand in Idaho, please allow 5-7 days for production.
- Spot clean only
- Iron while pressing the back
- Wrinkles will work themselves out
- Use grommets with tacks, small nails, or command hooks
- Use command velcro strips and adhere to the back